Like any other culture or society Indians exhibit their special traditions, customs, habits and lifestyle through the unique behavior traits they display and by doing things a little differently than the rest of the world.
It is these notably strange ‘ways of doing things’ that have now become second-identity for an Indian across the world.
A little witty, a little teasy and a little on your face, here’s a list of 35 weird things Indians do that drives the rest of the world crazy.
You know you are a ‘true-blue Indian’ if:
1. You use the same expression to convey the following emotions Yes/No /Maybe/ Perhaps /OK/Thanks/ sure/not sure/why not/agree/disagree – and that is of course the famous Indian head bobble.
2. You stare at couples, girls, boys, uncles, aunties, Indians, foreigners with a gaze that can put x – rays to shame and you conveniently shrug it off believing that you are just a good observer (and not a creep or pervert).
4. You cannot stop crying at the following occasions: When you are happy, when you are sad, when chopping onion (which is minimum three times in a day), while watching soap operas (at both happy and sad scenes), at marriages ceremonies no matter who’s, while gulping your glass of Mint water you ordered along with your gol gappas (spicy Indian snack).
8. You come back home from a continental dinner, realize that you are still hungry and rummage the fridge for left over daal chaal(Indian food) and finally settle for some good old Maggi(Popular Indian Noodle Brand).
11. You fiercely fight to pay the 1500 Rs. at the office lunch get together but spend five minutes convincing the vegetable vendor to give you a 10 Rs. levy on your purchase along with extra coriander and green chilli.
12. At a buffet, you feel overwhelming sense of responsibility to taste all the 25 dishes , 6 soups and 5 deserts even if it means rolling on the bed groaning with stomach pain and consuming copious amount of digestive tablets.
15. You strongly feel and complain about how Traffic has no sense (better than saying you have none) and use it as an excuse to go left, right, turn and even return..errr…. reverse at our own whim and fancy.
16. The word ‘Trash’ does not exists in your dictionary as you store and re-use and re-use and re-use everything…including plastic bags, jam bottles, Horlicks bottles, gift wrappers, cardboard boxes, old clothes , books etc etc etc.
17. You call up all long forgotten uncles , aunts and cousins from office phone, print your son’s 100 page science report and take back ample office supply of pens, stoppers, scissors , paper weights and paper clips home every month enough to start your own stationary shop.
23. You gossip about Ranbir Kapoor’s latest girlfriend and discuss when Salman Khan (famous Bollywood stars) will eventually get married with equal fervour as you discuss the new AAP (newly elected ruling party in Delhi)strategy to evade corruption.
30. You buy one large coke with your meal and use the same glass to refill for the entire family.
32. And the first thing you look at in the morning newspaper(even before the main page headline) is your Horoscope for the day to start your day on a positive note.
33. You are shy but do not take much time to open up(maximum two requests to join the dance floor is enough) and then it gets difficult to get you off it.